First, the good news. Over 650 registered voters in East Lawrence have already voted.
The bad news, over 800 haven’t.
It’s crunch time. This week, we would like to contact as many voters as possible who have not voted and remind them of when, where and mechanics of voting.
We will not be contacting people who have already voted, so if you do not wish to be contacted, please get your vote in early in the week. Voting information is below.
East Lawrence Neighborhood Association needs volunteers to help with our Get Out the Vote effort by calling, texting or leafleting. We can work with your availability, whether it is an hour or two on one day, or a few hours on several days.
We also need some kind souls to volunteer to drive people to their polling place – either advance voting, or on election day. We don’t want cold weather or the lack of transportation to be an obstacle to our neighbors casting their votes. Hand sanitizer and masks will be available for our drivers.
To volunteer, or to ask questions, please contact:
ELNA Coordinator, Lane firstname.lastname@example.org
WAYS TO VOTE
— Advance voting in person is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 7pm, at
- Douglas County Clerk’s Office, 1100 Massachusetts St., Lawrence
- Douglas County Fairgrounds – Flory Meeting Hall, 2120 Harper St., Lawrence
- Golf Course Superintendents Association Headquarters, 1421 Research Park, Lawrence
- S. Iowa Satellite Office – 2329 S. Iowa St (behind Texas Roadhouse), Lawrence
And at those locations Saturday, October 31st 9am to 3pm as well as Monday, November 2nd, from 8am to noon.
— Advance Voting by Mail-in Ballot
When you have received your mail-in ballot, you can return it by mail or to any ballot drop off location. If you choose to mail your ballot, it must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 and received no later than Friday, November 6, 2020 by close of business. You can read mail-in ballot instructions and deadlines, and even track your ballot’s travel from you to the counting, on the Douglas County Clerk’s website, voting hub at https://www.douglascountyks.org/depts/voting-and-elections.
The quickest, best way to make sure your advance ballot is received is to deliver it to a ballot drop box. Secure, official ballot drop boxes are located at
- Douglas County Courthouse, 1100 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence
- Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2120 Harper Street, Lawrence
- Douglas County Human Services Building, 2518 Ridge Court, Lawrence
- S. Iowa Satellite Office, 2329 S. Iowa (behind Texas Roadhouse), Lawrence
- Treasurer’s South Satellite Office, 2000 W. 31st Street, Suite B, Lawrence
- Golf Course Superintendents Headquarters, 1421 Research Park Drive, Lawrence
- Theatre Lawrence, 4660 Bauer Farm Drive, Lawrence
And don’t forget! If you have requested a mail-in ballot to be sent to you, if you choose to vote in person, early or on election day, your vote will be considered provisional.
— In person on Election Day
On Tuesday November 3rd, you can vote in person at your usual polling place. Most of East Lawrence votes at the Cider Gallery, at 810 Pennsylvania St, or at Trinity Lutheran Church, at 1245 New Hampshire. A small portion of East Lawrence votes at Vintage Church, at 1501 New Hampshire. Not sure which is your polling place? Check the Polling Place Map at the Douglas County Clerk’s website, https://www.douglascountyks.org/depts/voting-and-elections/where-to-vote. Polling places will be open from 7am to 7pm. Be sure to bring your ID.
Powered by Facebook Comments